2018 Memoir Contest
2018 Memoir Contest
is now open to all members.
Cash Prizes for
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners:
$300 first place
$200 second place
$100 third place
Each member is allowed one submission.
Cost of entry is $25.
- All entries must be formatted as WORD documents, double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Manuscripts must have 1 inch margins.
- Entries must have a word count of 2,500 to 3,500 words, including title.
- Appearing in each page header: Title of manuscript and word count.
- Pages must be numbered in lower right hand corner.
- All manuscripts must be original, unpublished work.
- Author’s name MUST NOT appear anywhere on manuscript.
- Submissions must be an original, unpublished (print or electronic) written work and a non-previous prize winner.
- Contest Entry Fee payments via PayPal or Guest of PayPal must be paid at time of completing Contest Entry Form.
- Submission requires an online contest entry form and subsequent payment.
Online Submission only! Submissions are to be emailed as attachments in MS Word Document (.doc or .docx). Any other file format will be disqualified.
Please note: failure to comply with the rules will result in a disqualification. Disqualified applicants and non- winners are not reimbursed application fees.
At contest conclusion, submissions will be deleted. Critique of your work is not provided for this contest.
Example of Subject line of email:
Subject: 2018 Memoir Contest. YOUR NAME HERE
Example of Cover Letter:
Attached please find my entry to the 2018 Memoir Contest titled, “Title Here.”
Signed, YOUR NAME
Entries accepted beginning March 1, 2018 (opening).
No entries accepted after noon on April 1, 2018 (closing).
Winners will be announced at the PSWG General Meeting on May 5, 2018.
About our Judge
Our judge for the Memoir Contest is Karen Ackerson of Asheville, NC. She is Senior Editor of the Renbourne Editorial Agency and Director of The Writers Workshop of Asheville. Karen teaches Memoir and Fiction and has a rich history of professional contacts that includes Kurt Vonnegut, Eudora Welty, Peter Mattheisen, Alex Haley, E. L. Doctorow, and John Le Carre.
Click here to register and enter.
Committee Chairperson Lynn De Turk firstname.lastname@example.org