2018 Annual Short Story Contest
The Palm Springs Writers Guild Annual Short Story Contest
is now open to all members.
Cash Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners:
$500 first place
$300 second place
$200 third place
Each member is allowed one submission. Cost of entry is $25.
Submission requires an online contest entry form and subsequent payment.
Online Submission only! Submissions are to be emailed as attachments in MS Word Document (.doc or .docx). Any other file format will be disqualified.
- All entries must be formatted as WORD documents, double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Manuscripts must have 1inch margins.
- Entries must have a word count of 1,500 to 2,500 words, including title.
- Appearing in each page header: Title of manuscript and word count.
- Pages must be numbered in lower right hand corner.
- All manuscripts must be original, unpublished work.
- Author’s name MUST NOT appear anywhere on manuscript.
- Submissions must be an original, unpublished (print or electronic) written work and a non-previous prize winner.
- Contest Entry Fee payments via PayPal or Guest of PayPal must be paid at time of completing Contest Entry Form.
Please note: failure to comply with the rules will result in a disqualification. Disqualified applicants and non- winners are not reimbursed application fees.
At contest conclusion, submissions will be deleted. Critique of your work is not provided for this contest.
Example of Subject line of email:
Subject: PSWG Annual Short Story Contest. YOUR NAME HERE
Example of Cover Letter:
Attached please find my entry to the PSWG Annual Short Story contest titled, “Title Here.”
Signed, YOUR NAME
Entries accepted beginning February 1, 2018.
No entries accepted after March 15, 2018
Winners will be announced at the PSWG General Meeting on May 6, 2018.
About our Judges TBA
Click here to register and enter.