2017 Annual Short Story Contest
$600 in total prize monies!
The short stories are judged on plot, setting, character development, use of dialogue, and mechanics.
Enter submissions starting February 1, 2017
Deadline! MARCH 15, 2017
Contest is open to current PSWG Members only
Not a member? Become a member!
Membership fee must be received prior to contest submission.
Jill Alexander Essbaum
Stephen Jay Schwartz
Entry Fee: $25.00 per story
All members must login to enable registration and complete the online contest entry form.
Contest Entry: $25.00
Submission requires an online contest entry form and subsequent payment. Online Submission only! Submissions are to be emailed as attachments in MS Word Document (.doc or .docx). Any other file format will be disqualified.
- All entries must be formatted as WORD documents, double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Manuscripts must have 1 inch margins.
- Entries must have a word count of 1,500 to 2,500 words, including title.
- Appearing in each page header: Title of manuscript and word count.
- Pages must be numbered in lower right hand corner.
- All manuscripts must be original, unpublished work.
- Author’s name MUST NOT appear anywhere on manuscript.
- Submissions must be an original, unpublished (print or electronic) written work and a non-previous prize winner.
- Contest Entry Fee payments via PayPal or Guest of PayPal must be paid at time of completing Contest Entry Form.
Please note: failure to comply with the rules will result in a disqualification. Disqualified applicants and non- winners are not reimbursed application fees.
At contest conclusion, submissions will be deleted. Critique of your work is not provided for this contest.
How to fill out online registration:
Step 2: Click "Register" button, fill out online entry form and follow prompts for payment. Credit card payment is available and is immediate.
Step 1: To enable registration, please be sure you have successfully logged in with your email and password.
Step 3: After payment is processed, an automatic email will be sent to you with instructions for electronic (email) submission.
Contest Prize List for Annual Short Story Contest:
For questions regarding this contest, please email Lynn De Turk firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100