CANCELLED 2020 Annual Short Story Contest has been cancelled. keep writing and massaging what you had planned to submit for next year.
2020 Annual Short Story Contest
1st place: $300
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $100
The short stories are judged on plot, setting, character development, use of dialogue, and mechanics.
Enter submissions starting March 15, 2020
Contest is open to current PSWG Members only
Not a member? Become a member!
Membership fee must be received prior to contest submission.
Judge Sharon Bala
Sharon Bala’s bestselling debut novel, The Boat People, won the 2019 Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction and has been short listed for several other prizes. Translations are on the shelves or forthcoming in French, Turkish, and Arabic. Her short fiction has been published widely and won the 2017 Writers’ Trust/ McClelland & Stewart Journey Prize. Sharon is a member of The Port Authority, a St. John’s writing group. Visit her at: sharonbala.com
Entry Fee: $25.00 per story
All members must login to enable registration and complete the online contest entry form.
Contest Entry: $25.00
Submission requires an online contest entry form and subsequent payment. Online Submission only! Submissions are to be emailed as attachments in MS Word Document (.doc or .docx). Any other file format will be disqualified.
- All entries must be formatted as WORD documents, double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Manuscripts must have 1 inch margins.
- Entry word count should not exceed 2,500 words.
- Title of manuscript must appear in each page header.
- Pages must be numbered in lower right hand corner.
- All manuscripts must be original, unpublished work.
- Author’s name MUST NOT appear anywhere on manuscript.
- Submissions must be an original, unpublished (print or electronic) written work and a non-previous prize winner.
- Contest Entry Fee payments via PayPal or Guest of PayPal must be paid at time of completing Contest Entry Form.
Please note: failure to comply with the rules will result in a disqualification. Disqualified applicants and non- winners are not reimbursed application fees.
At contest conclusion, submissions will be deleted. Critique of your work is not provided for this contest.
How to fill out online registration:
Step 2: Click "Register" button, fill out online entry form and follow prompts for payment. Credit card payment is available and is immediate.
Step 1: To enable registration, please be sure you have successfully logged in with your email and password.
Step 3: After payment is processed, an automatic email will be sent to you with instructions for electronic (email) submission.
Contest Prize List for Annual Short Story Contest:
For questions regarding this contest please email Kathy Weyer email@example.com
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100