Memoir Contest for the 2018/2019 Season
The memoirs are judged on plot, setting, character development, use of dialogue, and mechanics.
Enter submissions starting November 1, 2018
Deadline! noon on DECEMBER 1, 2018
Contest is open to current PSWG Members only
Not a member? Become a member!
Membership fee must be received prior to contest submission.
Sue William Silverman
Sue William Silverman’s most recent work of creative nonfiction is The Pat Boone Fan Club: My Life as a White Anglo-Saxon Jew(University of Nebraska Press), which was a finalist in Foreword Reviews IndieFab Book of the Year Award. Her first memoir, Because I Remember Terror, Father, I Remember You (University of Georgia Press), won the Association of Writers and Writers Program award, while another book, Love Sick: One Woman’s Journey through Sexual Addiction (W. W. Norton), is also a Lifetime TV original movie. Her craft book is Fearless Confessions: A Writer's Guide to Memoir (Georgia) and her poetry collection is Hieroglyphics in Neon (Orchises). She teaches in the MFA in Writing program at Vermont College of Fine Arts. As a professional speaker, Sue has appeared on such shows as The View and Anderson Cooper – 360.
Entry Fee: $25.00 per memoir
All members must login to enable registration and complete the online contest entry form.
Contest Entry: $25.00
Submission requires an online contest entry form and subsequent payment. Online Submission only! Submissions are to be emailed as attachments in MS Word Document (.doc or .docx). Any other file format will be disqualified.
- All entries must be formatted as WORD documents, double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Manuscripts must have 1 inch margins.
- Maximum word count 2,500 words
- Appearing in each page header: Title of manuscript.
- Pages must be numbered in lower right hand corner.
- All manuscripts must be original, unpublished work.
- Author’s name MUST NOT appear anywhere on manuscript.
- Submissions must be an original, unpublished (print or electronic) written work and a non-previous prize winner.
- Contest Entry Fee payments via PayPal or Guest of PayPal must be paid at time of completing Contest Entry Form.
- Submission requires an online contest entry form and subsequent payment.
Online Submission only! Submissions are to be emailed as attachments in MS Word Document (.doc or .docx). Any other file format will be disqualified.
Please note: failure to comply with the rules will result in a disqualification. Disqualified applicants and non- winners are not reimbursed application fees.
At contest conclusion, submissions will be deleted. Critique of your work is not provided for this contest.
How to fill out online registration:
Step 2: Click "Register" button, fill out online entry form and follow prompts for payment. Credit card payment is available and is immediate.
Step 1: To enable registration, please be sure you have successfully logged in with your email and password.
Step 3: After payment is processed, an automatic email will be sent to you with instructions for electronic (email) submission.
Contest Prize List for Annual Short Story Contest:
For questions regarding this contest
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100
please email Lynn De Turk email@example.com