The Shark Tank workshop closely follows the format of the popular television show of that name, where entrepreneurs present their business plans to the Sharks with the objective of receiving financing.
Our format is similar except the authors will be presenting their book marketing plans to gain valuable feedback on their approaches.
- Our Guild studio audience will watch as four author teams individually present their book marketing plans to our Shark Tank panel of distinguished authors.
- The Shark panel will then question and critique each plan, giving feedback. Time will be allotted for our Guild studio audience to also ask questions of each author.
- Presenting authors will receive feedback and suggestions on all aspects of marketing, including speaking, social media, radio interviews, email campaigns, and much more.
Shark Tank for Writers is an interactive learning workshop unlike anything you may have participated in before.
All attendees will gain valuable insight from the presenting authors, the Sharks, and from the questions and comments from attending Guild members.
THIS IS A WORKSHOP NOT TO BE MISSED! *Register early as the custom seating set up for this workshop will be strictly limited! Click here.
Shark Tank Participant Application
MEET THE SHARKS
John Hagen is author of the best-selling historical story Play Way Please, the tale of the sale of Golf’s greatest icon, the St. Andrews Old Course Starter’s box. His second book, Pebble Beach--A Novel, will be coming out this fall. John is an active marketer and speaks widely on his book to golf enthusiasts, at golf tournaments and on radio shows across the world. He has sold over 100,000 copies of his book internationally.
Lynne Spreen is the author of the award-winning novel Dakota Blues, an empowering midlife coming-of-age story about celebrating life after fifty. Lynne is the Palm Springs Writers Guild’s popular go-to authority on using social media to market your books. We all eagerly look forward to Lynne’s April 26th Guild workshop “Selling Your Work via Social Media.”
Ed Lopatin is the author of several books, including How to Survive Your Promotion. His latest book, How to Survive Your Vacation, is coming out this summer. Ed is an active speaker and marketer of his books and is Chairperson of the Guild’s actively attended Writers Corner discussion group, which tackles writers' issues on writing, publishing and marketing for all genres. Ed is also the organizer and talented MC of the Guild’s popular Author Recognition Day program for our writers.
Workshop will be held at:
Mission Hills Country Club,
34-6000 Mission Hills Road,
Rancho Mirage, CA
Click here for map.
Payment & Registration Details
- Members: $30.00 Non-Members: $45.00
- Coffee/Tea & Pastries Included.
- Pre-Payment w/ Registration is required to confirm your seat.
- Online payment is available and is immediate.
- Payment by check: PSWG, P.O. BOX 947, Rancho Mirage, CA 92247. Include contact information and Workshop Title on all checks. Checks may take 7-14 days to process.
- Member discount for workshops only. Members must login to enable discounted rate.
- PSWG is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Tax ID #43-2093738.
- Cancellation Policy requires a 72 hour prior notice for full refund less credit card fees.
Click on Become a Member to fill out an online PSWG membership application.