Sunday, December 3, 2017
How to Get Your Books into Bookstores and Libraries. The Steps and Materials Needed.
Book Shelf Marketer
Sunday, December 3, 2017
11:00 am - 4:00pm
Riviera Resort, Palm Springs, Royal Room 1
Park in Ballroom parking spaces for free parking.
PSWG interactive Writers’ Workshops offer paid attendees the opportunity to learn and participate in a friendly learning environment, network with an industry professional and meet fellow writers.
About this workshop: Want your book in more libraries and bookstores? Not sure HOW books get on their shelves? Want to know the process AND how YOUR book can get into bookstores and libraries all over the US? On Saturday, Dec 2, Amy Collins will walk us through the exact details and process authors need to get their books into bookstores and libraries. The process is not hard and you can get onto the shelves of the stores and libraries you have been aiming for…. You just need to know the rules and what they are looking for. This session will cover:
- What bookstores and libraries need to work with you.
- HOW books get from your hands onto their shelves
- What you need to do and say to approach librarians and bookstore staff
A complete overview of the retail side of the publishing industry that will help you get into stores and libraries.About this workshop facilitator:
Amy Collins is the President of New Shelves Books, one of the best-known book sales and marketing agencies in the US. Amy is a trusted expert, speaker, and recommended sales consultant for some of the largest book and library retailers and wholesalers in the publishing industry. In the last 20 years, Amy and her team have sold over 40 Million books into the bookstore, library, and Chain store market for small and midsized publishers. She is on the national advisory board for IngramSpark, is a board member of Author U, a featured columnist for THEBOOKDESIGNER, BookWorks, IBPA, and a trusted teacher in the world of small press publishers. For a free PDF of her book The Write Way, visit http://www.newshelves.com/store/
View View Amy Collins one sheet here.
New ShelvesClick here to register for this workshop
595 Blossom Road Suite 301A
Rochester, NY 14610
- PSWG Members: $50.00
- Non-Members: $75.00
- Payment in Full is confirmation of seating.
- Online payment via PayPal or credit card only.
- 72-hour cancellation policy less credit card fees.
- Day of workshop sales available ONLY if workshop is not full. Bring check. Workshop events are limited to 40 participants.
- Park in Ballroom parking spaces for free parking.
- Lunch is included in workshop fee.
- Click here to register for this workshop
*Event Contact: Jim Misko: email@example.com